Crunchy Cashew nut Chikki
- 250 grams Cashew nuts
- 1 cup of Gur (jaggery)
- 2-3 tsp of Butter
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- Part the cashew nuts into 2 halves.
- Put in 1 tsp of butter in a big size pan to heat.
- Add jaggery in the hot butter and stir.
- When the jaggery gets completely melt, turn off the heat.
- Now, add the cashew nuts pieces and mix well.
- Mix cardamom powder in the mixture.
- Grease a tray with little butter.
- Spread the cashew mixture over it.
- Cut the Chikkis with a knife into small shapes, when it’s hot .
- Allow Chikkis to cool.
- Eat the crunchy Chikkis.
Christmas Tree CupCake
- 1 cup maida/ flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4th cup sugar, powdered
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 4Tbsp butter
- 3/4th cup milk
- 1 Tbsp coffee powder
- 4 Ice cream cone
Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees C. Line the cupcake moulds with paper cupcake liners.
In a bowl sift maida, baking powder, cocoa powder and sugar.
Add in softened butter, vanilla essence, coffee paste and milk till a smooth batter forms.
Pour the batter into the moulds and bake at 180 degrees until done. (Approximately 15-20 minutes)
You check if they’re done by inserting a toothpick into the cupcake.
If the toothpick comes out clean, it means it’s done.
In medium bowl, mix powdered sugar and butter with spoon or electric mixer on low speed.
Stir in vanilla and 1 tablespoon of the milk.
Gradually beat in just enough remaining milk to make frosting smooth and spreadable.
If frosting is too thick, beat in more milk, a few drops at a time.
Stir the food coloring into the frosting, adding more food coloring as necessary to achieve your desired green color.
Place the sugar cones atop the cupcakes then pipe leaves onto the trees.
Apply a thin layer of frosting on the exteriors of the sugar cones.
Garnish with the edible silver ball sprinkles and dust with powdered sugar.
1.To prepare chenna Boil milk in
a heavy bottomed pan.
Add lime juice and stir.
chenna separates from milk.
Pour the chenna into a bowl
lined with muslin cloth. wash
the chenna with water .
squeeze out the water.
- In a pressure cooker heat water
and add sugar. Boil till the
sugar completely dissolves.
3.Turn out the chenna onto a
mash the chenna well to
make a smooth paste.
divide the chenna into 10-12
equal portions and make small
smooth balls with no cracks.
4. drop all the balls gently into
the hot sugar syrup. Put the cooker
lid on and bring to pressure. Reduce
heat to simmer and pressure cook for
- Open the cooker lid. we will see
rasgullas floating in the syrup .
Transfer the rasgullas and syrup into
a bowl. Add cardamom powder
Refrigerate till nicely chilled.
Summer is a season where many berries are avaible. These small fruits of different colour have one of the best tastes in the world and make an amazing addition to any cake or dessert. They will bring life to the cream and the berry juice is high in antioxidants that are good for our health.
We will need :
- 250 grams of flour (the 00 type)
- 50 grams of almonds ( I used walnuts, worked fine)
- 70 grams of icing sugar
- 130 grams of cold butter
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 400 grams of raspberries ( or aby berries or fruit)
- Icing sugar for decoration
For the cream :
- 350 ml of full fat milk (when baking,making desserts always use full fat milk)
- 50 grams of sugar
- 1 satchet of vanilla cream or puding cream ( you can make your own puding too)
- 200 grams of sour cream
- 50 grams…
View original 355 more words
- 250 gm dates
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp yeast
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 200 gm butter
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
Mix the warm water with
the yeast and keep aside.
In a large bowl, cream
together the butter and
sugar until light and fluffy.
put the flour in the bowl
with a cup of milk and knead.
Add the yeast mixture and
crushed dates and continue to
knead until smooth.
Shape into round cookies by hand
or in a mould.sprinkle sesame seeds.
pre heat the oven.In preheated oven
Bake cookies at 180 for about
10-12 minutes or until golden.
When cool sprinkle with icing
STEAMED RICE DUMPLINGS (MODAK)
- rice 2 cup
- coconut 1
- jaggery 250 gm
- cardamom powder 1tbs
- nuts 1/2 cup
- salt to taste
- turmeric leaves or
- banana leaves
Wash and soak the rice in water
for two hours.then boil rice.
Grind the rice with a little water
and salt to form thick paste.
finely scrape the coconut .
In a pan melt jaggery on slow flame.
Add coconut and nuts.After that add
cardamom powder and mix well.
In another pan cook rice paste
till it leaves sides.
make a smooth dough of rice.
Apply pinch of oil/ghee on your
palms and make small balls of
Flatten it to give the shape of cone.
Put some stuffing in the cone
and close the ends to give them
a shape like momos.
Take a leaf of banana or a soft
cloth like muslin, and apply bit
oil/ghee on it and place it in
the steamer pan.
steam these rice dumplings
for 15 min.
- 200 gms khoya
- 1/2 cup maida
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8-10 kishmish
- 3 cup sugar
- 2 cup water
- 2 tbs cardamoms powder
- 1/2 cup almonds
Put water , sugar , saffron and
Cardamom powder in a pan.
Boil till it comes to a thick syrup
consistency. Keep aside.
Take mawa and maida .
Mash properly to remove lumps.
Add milk and baking soda.
Once again mash and make dough
Make small balls puting 1-2
Kishmish in the center.
Heat ghee in a pan on medium flame.
When ghee is medium hot
add prepared dough balls and
deep-fry them on medium flame.
now you can see they turn light
brown and increase in size.
Deep fry them until they
turn golden brown, it will
take around 6-7 minutes.
Drain and transfer them over
kitchen napkin and let them
cool for 5-minutes.
Add fried balls into warm
sugar syrup . Keep them in sugar
Syrup for 1 hour.
Gulab jamuns are ready for serving.
Sprinkle finely chopped almonds.
Serve them warm or chilled.
- 500 ml flour
- Salt a pinch
- 10 ml baking powder
- 3 ml bicarbonate of soda
- 125 g butter
- 300 gms condensed milk
- about 150 ml water
- 5 ml vanilla essence
- Sift flour , baking powder and
bicarbonate of soda together.
- Cool butter slightly and add
condensed milk, water and vanilla
essence,lemon zest, to dry ingredients
- Beat the batter until smooth .
grease and line 20cm tins
Spoon in the cake better.
- Sprinkle some wallnuts.
- Bake in a preheated oven at
180°C (350F) for 20 minutes.
Leave in tins for a few minutes before
turning onto a wire rack to cool. Ice
with Lemon icing
30 ml soft butter
375 ml icing sugar
5 ml grated lemon zest
15 ml lemon juice
- Cream butter, icing sugar and
rind together. Add enough juice to
make mixture light and creamy, and
of a spreadable consistency
- Sandwich layers together and ice
the top of the cake.
AVOCADO CHOCOLATE BALLS
1 cup coco powder
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup crushed nuts
1 cup grated coconut
Take avocado and blend in a mixer
mix coco powder ,milk,honey and butter
in avocado paste . add nuts to it.
grease your hands and shape the
mixture into 1 inch balls.
roll the balls in the grated coconut.
your avocado n chocolate balls
- 1/2 coco powder
- 1/2 sugar
- 1 cupChocolate Chips
- 1 cup Condensed Milk
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1 tbs Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup wallnuts
LINE 8 x 8-inch baking pan
with heavy aluminum foil,
extending foil over edges of pan.
Grease the pan using cooking
In a microwave safe
bowl, combine coco powder
Condensed Milk,sugar, salt
Chocolate Chips and butter.
Crush walnuts and roast them.
STIR in Walnuts and venilla extract
stir well until evenly blended.
Pour into prepared pan.
Refrigerate this for 2-3 hours .
REMOVE fudge from pan by lifting
edges of foil. Remove foil.
Cut into small squares. Enjoy!!
BAKED BANANA CUSTARD
- 3-4 bananas
- 3 tbs arawrott powder
- Pinch sea salt
- 1½ cups milk
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 9-inch pie crust, baked
- Whipped cream, sliced bananas,
- toasted coconut
- toasted walnuts
- for garnish
- Mix sugar ,salt and ararott
Butter and stir in milk.
Place pan over medium heat
stirring constantly for about
5-6 minutes, until mixture is
thick and bubbly. Remove from
heat and put vanilla essence.
- Pour custard in a bowl and cover
with plastic wrap that rests gently
on the surface to prevent a skin
from forming. Chill for 3 hours.
- Whip heavy cream until stiff and
fold it into chilled custard. Put
Half of the custard into the
prebaked crust. Layer bananas over
custard, then top with remaining
custard. Cover with plastic and
refrigerate at least 8 hours.
4 serve topped with fresh
whipped cream, toasted coconut,
toasted walnuts .
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 350 g flour (maida)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8g instant yeast
- 50g butter
- 150ml buttermilk
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Chocolate Glaze
- 1/4 cup condensed milk
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp butter
- Sugar Glaze
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp water
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- In the mixing bowl, combine maida,salt,sugar and yeast.
- Mix butter,butter milk and nutmeg in another bowl.
- combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients.
- Turn the mixer on and knead the dough until smooth and elastic.
- Transfer to an oiled bowl and let rise in warm place until it doubled in size.
- knead the dough for 2 min.
- make small balls and roll.
- Using a cutter, cut the rolls into the shape of donut.
- Let the donuts rise again until doubled in size.
- take a pan and heat oil in it for deep frying.
- Fry donuts until golden on both sides.
- Transfer to a cooling rack.
- combine chocolate glaze ingredients to make glaze.
- put chocolate glaze on some donuts .
- combine sugar glaze ingredients to make sugar glaze
- put sugar glaze on rest of the donuts.
- put some colored, small sugar coated balls on sugar glaze.
Triple Chocolate Cake
- 200 gms flour
- 1/2 cup coco powder
- 1Tbs cinnamon powder
- 1Tbsbaking powder
- 1Tbs bicarbonate soda
- 300ml brown sugar
- 125ml oil
- 30ml vinegar
- 200mlbutter milk
- 150ml water
- CHOCLATE SAUCE
- 50 ml coco powder
- 100 mlMilk
- 100 gmsDark chocolate
- 50 mlHot chocolate
- 25 ml Butter
- Sift flour, cocoa, cinnamon, baking
powder and bicarbonate soda into a
large mixing bowl
- add the sugar in flour and mix well
- mix the oil, cider vinegar, milk and
- Very gradually add the liquid
mixture to the dry mixture and
fold in thoroughly for 2 min.
- Pour into a prepared baking tin
tap on all sides so the mixture
is well distributed
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180
for about 35-40minutes or when a
stick inserted in it comes out clean
- Remove from oven to cool.
- Heat he milk in a sauce pan and
then add the cocoa, sugar and
butter, allow the butter to melt
- Then add in the chocolate (broken
into pieces) and remove from heat,
and still till all of the chocolate is
- drizzle the glaze on the cake
- grate white chocolate bar
- Allow glaze to dry a bit before
grating some milky bar over the cake
- Then cut into cubes and serve
with a scoop of ice-cream or
some whipped cream
CHOCOLATE COOKIE PIE
20 chocolate Cookies
½ cup butter, melted .
8 ounces cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
1 (8-ounce) tub Cool Whip
2tbs instant chocolate pudding powder
3½ cups milk
1. Make the Crust: Take cookies add
butter to it and crush in a blender.Set
aside ½ cupof the crumbs for the
topping, then transfer the
remaining crumbs to a 9×13-
inch pan Press into an even layer on the
bottom of the pan.
Refrigerate while the cream
cheese layer is prepared.
2. Make the Cream Cheese
Layer: In a mixing bowl, beat
the cream cheese on medium
speed until light and fluffy,
about 3 min.
gradually add the powdered
sugar until it is all incorporated.
Increase the speed to medium and beat
for 30 seconds. Using a
rubber spatula, gently fold in
the Cool Whip. Spread in an
even layer over the crust.
Refrigerate while the
pudding layer is prepared.
3. Make the Pudding Layer:
In a large bowl, whisk
together the pudding mix
and milk for 2 minutes. Let
sit for 5 minutes to allow it
to set. spread the pudding in an
even layer over the cream cheese mixture.
4 . Sprinkle cookie crums or chocolate syrup
1 pineapple, grated
1 cup water
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
Juice of 2 lemons
1. In a saucepan, combine pineapple and water
2.. Cook over medium-low heat until the pineapple is soft, about 30 minutes.
3. Add the sugar and lemon juice.
4.Cook until the mixture has thickened, about an hour.
5.Set aside to cool for 20 minutes before transferring to a jar.
1 cup flour
1 /4 water
50 gm Butter
1/2 cup Oats
Preheat the oven to 190°C
Peel the apples and cut in to chunks.
Put the apples into a pan with the sugar
and water.Cook over a low heat for 5
minutes and place in a small ovenproof
Place the flour and oats in a bowl and mix
Cut the butter into small cube and add
this to the oats and flour. Mix with your
fingertips . Add the sugar and mix
Cover the fruit with the crumble mixture.
Bake for approximately 20 minutes
until the crumble is golden.
EGGLESS Black Forest Cake
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- a pinch of salt
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup cold water, 250 ml
- ¼ cup oil or melted butter
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- ½ tsp vanilla extract or vanilla powder
for the icing:
- 200 ml chilled heavy whipping cream
- 5 tbsp icing sugar
- 3 tbsp chopped red cherries
- 7 to 8 tbsp grated chocolate
- 2 to 3 tsp of cherry syrup or 1 tsp sugar dissolved in 3 to 4 tsp water.
- 8 to 10 whole cherries for decoration or as required
- Some chocolate shavings for decoration (optional)
- for the eggless chocolate cake:
- first grease a round baking pan of 7.5 inches diameter x 2 inches height with oil. preheat your
- oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- seive 1 cup whole wheat flour, 3 tbsp cocoa powder, a pinch of salt, ½ tsp baking soda in a plate. use good quality cocoa powder.
- in another pan or bowl, take sugar.
- add 1 cup cold water and stir so that the sugar dissolves.
- now add ¼ cup oil or melted butter. i added oil. stir briskly so that everything is mixed well.
- next add 1 tbsp lime juice. stir again.
- now add ½ tsp vanilla extract or powder.
- add the sieved dry ingredients to the wet mixture. using a wired whisk, mix everything well.
- there should be no lumps in the cake batter. the batter is not thick but thin.
- pour the cake batter in the prepared cake pan.
- tap the sides of the cake pan so that the extra air bubbles are let out.
- bake the cake in a preheated oven for 200 degrees Celsius for 35 to 40 mins. since temperatures vary from oven to oven, do keep a check. for baking in a convection mode of microwave oven, preheat the oven at 180 degrees celsius for 15 minutes. then bake the cake at 180 degrees Celsius for the 30 to 35 minutes.
- Keep the cake to cool and then unmold and place it on a wired rack.
- icing method:
- slice the cake with the knife.
- in a stand mixer take cream and icing sugar. you can use an electric beater and take the cream and icing sugar in a bowl. i have used amul cream as that the only cream i get here. also it works very well for me. but one has to use icing sugar otherwise amul cream does not whipped well due to its low fat content. if you can get heavy whipping cream, then nothing like it. remember to chill the cream in the refrigerator at least for a day or two before you use it.
- at the highest speed, run the wire whip blade and whip till the cream become stiff. i whipped amul cream for about 8 minutes in the highest speed of the stand mixer. if you use heavy whipping cream, you won’t have to whip for so long. don’t overdo the beating as the cream might turn into butter, when you get stiff peaks, just stop the mixer or beater. to check, just invert the bowl and if the cream does not fall, the cream has got stiff peaks.
- sprinkle some sugar syrup on the cake evenly. to make sugar syrup, dissolve 1 tsp sugar with 3 to 4 tsp water. you can also use rum or wine instead of sugar syrup.
- now with a spatula spread about ¼ or ⅓ of the whipped cream.
- spread evenly. since this is a moist cake, the crumbs will be seen while spreading the cream. there is a method that can be used to to avoid the crumbs. but since we are making at home, this much is alright.
- then add a layer of chopped red cherries. red cherries are easily available. these are in the indian variety of candied karonda berries. they are also called as karonda murabba in hindi. i get them easily at mithai shops here.
- sprinkle grated chocolate on top.
- cover with the top halve of the cake.
- spread some cream on the top evenly. spread on the sides. if you have a cake decorating stand, then its best to use. for home purpose, i use a small flat plate covered with aluminum foil and place the cake on it before icing.
- add the remaining whipped cream in a piping bag and use any decorative nozzle. decorate the cake with the cream from the piping bag.
- don’t worry about design flaws as we will be adding more grated chocolate on the cakes. so imperfections can be hidden 🙂
- place whole cherries on the cake.
- you can add the amount of cherries you want to make a neat looking cake.
- sprinkle some grated chocolate all over. you can also add chocolate shavings or chocolate vermicelli.
- also place the grated chocolate on the side of the cake. i also added some chocolate shavings from top.
- cover the cake with a large bowl without it touching the sides and place in the fridge for the cream icing to set. keep to set for 3 to 4 hours or overnight.
- when the cream icing has set well, slice and serve the eggless black forest cake
EGGLESS COFFEE CUP CAKE
- 1 cup maida/ flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4th cup sugar, powdered
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- Wet ingredients:
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 5 Tbsp butter, softened (Salted.
- In case you are using unsalted
- butter, add 1/4 tsp salt)
- 3/4th cup milk, to make the
- batter smooth (Adjust the milk
- quantity according to your
- batter’s smoothness)
- 1 Tbsp coffee powder + 1 tsp
- water, to make a paste.
Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees
- Line the cupcake moulds with
paper cupcake liners.
In a bowl sift maida, baking
powder, cocoa powder and sugar.
Add in softened butter, vanilla
essence, coffee paste and milk till
a smooth batter forms.
Pour the batter into the moulds
and bake at 180 degrees until
done. (Approximately 15-20
You check if they’re done by
inserting a toothpick into the
cupcake. If the toothpick comes
out clean, it means it’s done.
Take the cupcakes out of the
oven. Let them cool entirely.
Put chocolate whipped cream.